We were away from home for a few days, and came home to the most wonderful surprise – our first Citrus Lane Box!
So what exactly is Citrus Lane?
When it comes to baby gear, it’s sometimes hard to know what items are the best – and right for our tiny babies’ developmental age as well as his stage. Enter stage left: Citrus Lane to save the day.
Started by a group of moms (AKA: a bunch of people who are a lot smarter than I), Citrus Lane’s purpose is to create a fantastic once a month package of 4-5 hand-selected products tailored to your child’s age! They specialize in boxes for children who’s ages range from newborn to five years old.
These special boxes can have toys, books, snacks, household and body care products, as well as the occasional treat for parents. Each box is worth at least $25 in retail value, and shipping is always free.
(I don’t know about you, but I easily spend at least $25 on new baby stuff each month.)
I love the idea of getting a box of “presents” each month – perfectly tailored to Itty Bitty’s age!
Well, without further ado, here’s what came inside our September Citrus Lane Box – for my 5 month old baby boy!
1. Clean Well Hand Sanitizer Canister – Orange Vanilla Scent ($5.99) These are going straight into my car! There have been so many times where I’m on the road and Itty Bitty is inconsolable. Oftentimes the only thing that can save the day is letting him suck on my knuckle. Having these wipes readily available is going to be a lifesaver! The scent is pretty nice too – not overpowering like most hand sanitizer products.
2. Fab Kids Voucher – This is pretty cool – you get a free outfit worth about $39, and all you have to pay is shipping. The only problem is – fabkids doesn’t have clothing for babies. I’m still going to try to redeem the offer and see if I can get one of my nieces a fun birthday gift!
3. Rich Frog Little Stacker – Lion ($12.95) Stacking toys are a quintessential baby toy, but believe it or not, we do not have any of them in our apartment. This soft cuddly lion will be the first
4. Ah Goo Baby Bottle Strap ($10.49) Itty Bitty takes a bottle every other day, and has just started to try to hold the bottle by himself. It’s been fun to see him experiment, and this bottle strap is going to make it even easier – especially as he gets older. So many of my friends who have one year olds complain that their babies throw their water bottles on the ground. I’ll have to hold onto this strap!
5. Samples of Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care Itty Bitty occasionally gets a small diaper rash, and I’ve occasionally thought about purchasing a small tube of diaper cream for our travel bag. These three sample pieces will be perfect – and I’ll be able to try out a new brand!
6. Cleo’s Alphabet Book from Barefoot Books ($15.99) – I can’t seem to get enough thick cardboard books for my baby’s library. We read a couple each day, and he is always captivated by the colors and pictures.
We even read this book today, and he loved it! I’d never heard about the Cleo series, but now I’ll keep my eye out for more of these cute kitty books!
I’m excited to see what the October 6 month old boy box has to offer 🙂
Until then – if you’d like to sign up for Citrus Lane – you’re in luck! Citrus Lane’s standard price is $25 per month, which includes free shipping. Discounted rates are currently available for multi-month subscriptions. But since you’re super awesome and read my blog – you can click this link and get ½ off your first month. To redeem this offer you must enter code TAKEHALF at checkout.